Technical & Management Training for Energy Professionals
Presented by Joe Barth
As a Senior Consultant, Joe has been with Solomon since 2004. His career includes 33 years with ExxonMobil in Planning & Optimization of refining petrochemical complexes. Joe has a BS in Chemical Engineering from Auburn University and an MS in Engineering from the University of Houston.
This course covers the economic and optimization skills needed to maximize refinery profit. Practical, hands-on examples are used to illustrate Solomon’s unique approach to the intricacies of marginal economics and the workings of Linear Program (LP) models. In addition, attendees will discuss Planning & Optimization best practices.
Participants will learn:
- The difference between average and marginal costs
- How to calculate netback prices
- Why the “herd mentality” is so common
- How to use LP models
- How to evaluate crude and feedstock purchase opportunities
- How to evaluate incremental product sales
- Limitations of shadow values
- Planning and optimization best practices
Who Should Attend
The course is intended for anyone who takes part in the development of refinery/petrochemical operating plans or helps decide business strategy.
Schedule & Registration
22–23 October 2015
Dallas, TX USA
>>>Download registration form